Monday, August 22, 2011

Nana's Beans

My nana would make this every few months for my family and we all loved it! We would always eat it with cottage cheese. Everytime I make this it brings back wonderful memories of her and the fact that my fam loves it too is a HUGE bonus! My husband can't get enough of this and it makes me happy!

2 lbs Dry Pinto beans

Rince with Hot water, check for rocks Add lots of water and put on stove

3 Dried Chilies (the red ones)

1 T Gebhardt Chili powder

Turn down when it starts to boil, make sure it continues to “dance”

Garlic Salt

Salt

After its been cooking for an hour or so sprinkle in garlic salt then add in a good amt of salt to taste

Mash a little after cooked

Squoosh a whole can of peeled tomatoe

Add can of diced green chilies 4oz

Cook lb of ground beef and season with salt, pepper, chilie powder and 4oz can of diced green chilies

Add Meat to beans and boil for about another hour

***esp if beans are not fresh, Rince beans in water and let sit overnight. Change water and Bring to a boil on stove in the morning. Then 2 hours or so before dinner time follow Nana’s Recipe.

No comments: