Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pizza Braid

I was babysitting a couple girls the other day (only B was home) so once he went down for a nap we did some baking. Mom taught me how to make this a while back and I love doing it when I make bread!! The one I made the other day was probably the best one I did! SO GOOD! and of course EASY!

So I just pull out a loaf or loaf and a half amt of Bread dough out for this. Roll it into a large rectangle, fill the middle slice the sides with a pizza cutter. Fold the top in and start braiding. Really just alternate folding over sides. fold up the bottom and let rise. bake for the same amt of time as bread (maybe a little longer)

Filling
        this is the one I did the other day and loved
Sauce (I usually just make my own with a sm jar of tomatoe sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic pwder and salt and pper)
Cheese ( Mozzaralla)
Polish sausage, about 3 inches of it chopped
Red onion Chopped (not a lot)
Green Bell peppers (sliced)
and a little more sauce and cheese on top for good measure

You can fill this with chicken and bbq sauce or whatever your favorite pizza is! Have fun with it!

No comments: